Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kumihimo with beads........

Since I already had the bobbins loaded (leftover from my first project) I decided to add beads to the mix.  I used two different colors; size 6/0 seed beads; and I added them to 4 of the eight strands.  I read somewhere that you should figure on 10 beads per inch of braid, so I loaded on 70 beads per strand thinking I would get enough length for a bracelet, but I ended up with a length of beaded braid that is about 10" long. 
Next time I will add beads to all the strands - this looks like a spiral, and while it would make a nice bracelet, I am hoping to get the look of a bead crocheted piece.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Keep trying! I've made a couple of kinds of kumihimo braids using beaded Nymo or similar threads and they are breathtaking -- well worth the effort.

Mike McLaren said...

This is pretty. It looks like it's in motion.