I wandered the shop and looked for things that would help me with my project - copper bangle bracelets with "organic rose shapes" as a focal.
Of course, wire, some cutters, needle nose pliers, and files...............then I had to find something to use as a "mandrel" -
............and I found this part that is the perfect diameter. Using 12 gauge wire on these - I wrapped the part
and then kept wrapping to form the rose shape
Once the wire was wrapped as much as I could wrap it, I took it off the "mandrel", finished the wrap using my tools, then filed the ends.
I wanted the bangle part to have a hammered look - (I found this piece of steel at the back of the shop - cleaned it up a bit and it was perfect for what I needed!)
I found another part in the shop that I used as a sort of working mandrel - the part was secured in the vise and I just moved the bangle around while hammering the outer edge to give it a hammered look.
I tumbled them and now I just have to decide if I am going to add a patina to them or not.
It was a very enjoyable day "in the studio".