Sunday, November 4, 2007

Week 44 - Moonlight Sonata

Lyrical words evoking images of soft summer evenings, full glowing moon and music softly playing. I wanted to capture the feel of music - the movement of notes through a piece - the feel of the highs and lows throughout. Using black steel wire I fashioned U shaped links which each hold one single crystal dichroic seed bead (the flash on these is AMAZING and something I am simply unable to capture with the camera) - my nod to the midnight mood - with a Swarovski crystal focal centered between two faceted crystal quartz rounds - to represent the moonlight. The necklace is 17" long (with an extender chain at the handwrought 'S 'clasp) and sits nicely at the neck. While this piece did not come out at all like I first imagined it (how many times has that happened!!!?)and in spite of the fact that I didn't (unfortunately) have a moonstone briolette the right size to serve as a focal, I am happy with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absotutely a master of art. Elegant and edgy details make this my favorite of the month . I am lucky to own quite a few from this artist !Fantastic