Friday, December 12, 2008

Earrings it is!


Got some gold filled wire (22 gauge, half hard) and since I'd never worked with it before, wanted to start out small. I decided to make a bunch of earrings for my sisters (yes, the ones that are hard to shop for)this year for Christmas. I had purchased a few gemstones earlier this year and decided to play with the wire and gems. I made all my own earwires - which was fun and really good practice on the pliers.
The earrings are, by far, the most delicate pieces I have made to date - it was a bit disconcerting to be working on such dainty wire - but by dainty I do NOT mean soft - half hard gold filled is hard - and made good sturdy earwires. I experimented with loops, swirls, lengths and gems - and all in all it was a productive afternoon.


No comments: