Monday, February 16, 2009

Byzantine Bracelet


Another attempt at byzantine - this time just straight byzantine.........again using 18 gauge Artistic Wire (non-tarnish silver - post office is closed today so I'm still waiting for my sterling silver wire) on a 5/32" mandrel. It is still a little too floppy - so perhaps the 1/8" mandrel next time. I wrapped a couple of turquoise rounds, a large faceted magnesite and some sterling silver bead caps and added that as a focal for the bracelet. I am not sure I like the clasp I used, however.........but I will show it to my friend Sandy who is a hound for all things turquoise and she will give me an honest opinion. :-)

3 comments:

Lou's addictions said...

Maille is so addictive, once I start I find it hard to move on to anything else lol... I love your pieces so far.

ThisThisAndThat said...

Mr. Beadsley

I've nominated you for the "Marie Antoinette Award" on my blog. The award is as beautiful as your lovely jewelry.

jill

IzzyGumbo said...

I'm in love with this bracelet Ms. Beadsley! I really need to learn Maille... you do such an awesome job with it. :)