Sunday, February 8, 2009

Copper and Magnesite Set

Still loving the hammering of copper - using some 12 gauge copper wire, I made some over sized jump rings and hammered them flat. To add some depth to the flattened links I coiled some 20 gauge wire around them to hide the join, then connected them using some 18 gauge square copper wire (love it - it works with everything!). I had some large faceted magnesite rondelles which I wrapped with copper wire and joined with some large twisted copper rings. I made a chain with some square copper wire and some small coiled copper rings (got the twisted and coiled links at Magpie Gemstones), added the hammered pieces and the beaded pieces in an asymmetrical design...........a handcrafted copper "S"clasp serves as closure. Although the bracelet has different copper components, it still works as a set.


No comments: