Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Boho Inspired Bracelet

I confess. I love bracelets. They are my favorite piece of jewelry to make - small, compact, and not necessarily faster to make than anything else. I think I love making them so much because, especially in the summer, nothing else really gets the exposure while being worn - the exposure, the movement, the attention.  I love an arm stacked with colorful beads and various textures, or one that jangles with the sound of stacks of silver bangles.

The bracelet phrase this summer seems to be "Boho Inspired".  Do an image search and you will find anything from silk and wire wrapped bangles to beaded leather wraps.  Along with those images, there are also multi strand beaded bracelets.  I confess, in spite of my rampant OCD (CDO, please!) I was compelled to mix and match some of my beads to make some bracelets.

This is the first of those bracelets.


I started with the lovely mint green Czech glass beads - added a strand of freshwater pearls and a strand of garnet rounds with some bali silver beads.


Sterling silver focal bead and a fine silver handcrafted clasp (since buffed with the dremel!).

It is surprisingly comfortable to wear.

No comments: