Sunday, November 24, 2013

November Reveal for Echo Creative Club



Welcome to my reveal for the Echo Creative Club November Blog Hop.  I was so excited when I opened the package from Jeannie Dukic (Jewelry by Jeannie) and found this pretty curly pink and gold paisley and pink button inside.

As you can see, I pulled a lot of beads and wire out to work with. Pink is not a color I work with very often, so that added to the challenge.  

I love the delicate look of the paisley and didn't want it to be overpowered by any stones or beads. In the end, after a lot of experimenting I decided to create a viking knit necklace to hag the paisley from.  I sewed tiny pink freshwater pearls to the  length of the viking knit. I created two brass wire connectors that mimicked the genera shape of the paisley and wrapped those in the pink freshwater pearls. 


One of the connectors is also part of the clasp - the pink button fits perfectly into it.
My sister has already claimed the necklace - because she "has the perfect sweater to wear it with". Well, it DOES make the perfect birthday gift!

Please check out the other blog entries for this months Echo Creative Club:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Hannah Bat Girl this is truly inspired. Very clever use of the button and the connectors. Adding all those tiny pearls make it so beautiful. I can't imagine the time it took to make it. I agree it DOES make the perfect gift. I truly admire those that can spin seed beads into such beauty.

mrs beadsley said...

Jeannie - Thank you so much! Truly your pieces were the inspiration.

Alicia said...

Oh, wow, Maureen, that's beautiful - a perfect idea for the 'clasp', and the pearly viking knit is adding a charming air. It is a wonderful and perfect birthday gift!

Unknown said...

Your viking knit is beautiful!!! I love the whole piece such beauty and flow!!!